Cornerstone Church News:
We are making a lot of progress but need more help completing the construction of our new Sanctuary, nursery, and children’s church rooms.
For the next several Thursday nights (5:00 – 9:00 PM) and Saturday mornings (8:00 – 12:00 AM) we will be working to complete the project. Workers are likely needed from, Now, to Labor Day. As we are different parts of the body of Christ (some are hands, feet, eyes, ears), so too are the laborers needed for this project. Skills are appreciated but not necessary. Let me know how you would like to help, and I will coordinate efforts.
If you can help, here are some of the areas to serve:
- Bring food to share with the workers
- Broom sweep the work areas
- General helper to hand tools or supplies to others on a ladder
- Bring a hammer, drill, pry bar, tape measure or other small carpentry tools
- Install wood and steel stud wall framing
- Install insulation for sound proofing the walls
- Sort six pallets of 18” carpet squares into good, fair, and poor quality
- Simply show up, and we’ll find something meaningful for you to do
- Pat someone on the back and provide words of encouragement
- Pray for safety (we are almost injury free, praise God)
There’s no child care, but they can play foosball or hockey while you help. Otherwise, 10 years or older is probably the age limit for helpers in the back room.
It’s work, but we actually are having a lot of fun and camaraderie. Feel free to come help once or every time.