November 8, 2012
You are beautiful. God has created you in His image. You have dignity and worth rooted in the infinite and glorious God. Even when we rebelled from God and chose to ignore Him, He still sent the Son of God to live and die for us. Now in Christ, each of us are a beloved child of God, pleasing to the Father, with a hope and a future, God’s workmanship Creator in Christ Jesus to do good works.
I find it a rich privilege to colabor with such amazing people in the advance of the Gospel both locally and globally. We are a sent people, on mission to help all people know, love, and worship the Triune God.
A few quick announcements:
1) Prayer for the Persecuted Church (special note to parents of young children): On Sunday, we will be setting aside about 10 minutes to highlight the trials and tribulations of Christians around the world and then pause to pray for them. We will watch a somewhat graphic video depicting the suffering, torture, and threats (at gunpoint in a few scenes) one brother in Christ experienced in Laos in the 1990s and early 2000s. Parents should know the scenes are somewhat intense. If you’d like to keep your children out of the service at this portion, you will have a bit of warning. We will play this 5 minute video right after we dismiss the kids to Children’s Church.
2) The Monthly Ministry Community meeting for the leaders of Cornerstone Church will be this Monday night November 12 at 7PM at the church office.
3) Operation Christmas Child Boxes are due this Sunday, November 11.
4) The most recent (and final edition for this John 13-17 series) Personal Study Guide is attached.
5) Finally, I want to thank many of you for the kind wishes and gifts that I received during pastor appreciation month. I am humbled by appreciation; thank you.
You are precious to me and to the Father,