March 6, 2013
I want to say a big thank you to our deacons, set up and tear down crews, and all the people who serve in the shadows but are the backbone to our church. Thank you for picking up friends and getting them to church. Thank you for welcoming new faces. Thank you for cleaning up messes. Thank you for sending notes to the tired, the hurting, and the discouraged. You are doing the things Jesus said His people would do! Glory to God.
1) Final encouragement: The elders are encouraging you to go a bit deeper in March-May with one person in our church family over regular meals (weekly, every other week, monthly, whatever works). Go out for lunch, have the friend over, or bring your families together. Pursue a David-Jonathan friendship one meal at a time. And remember, quality friends take quality time. For those of you who missed any sermons in the “Seven Marks of a Life-Giving Friend,” you can find them online here: https://cornerstone-marion.org/wordpress/category/sermon-audio/
2) HOLY WEEK is coming. Check out this link to get all the details regarding services and special events: https://cornerstone-marion.org/wordpress/2013/03/06/holy-week-2013/
3) GOOD FRIDAY: I want to particularly mention our combined Good Friday worship service with Northbrook Baptist Church. The service will be @6:30PM on Friday night March 29th (childcare provided). If you’d like to sing in the choir, please attend choir practices at Northbrook Baptist Church on the 2 Wednesdays leading up to the service at 7:15PM. You will also need to attend a mandatory final practice/rehearsal on Thursday night March 28th at 6:30PM.
4) Holy Week Outreach: Also, during the week leading up to Easter, we will be going out into neighborhoods to pray for our community and invite them to our Holy Week services. If the Lord allows, we will also be sharing the gospel. If you would like to assist in this project, please attend one of two trainings happening Sundays March 17th and March 24th at 8:30AM at Collins Road Theater.
5) Special Visit: On Sunday March 17, Pastor Kent and Jan McKinnon will be a part of our worship service and Flint Sunday School hour. Kent and Jan helped start Cornerstone Church in the formative years of 2000-2002. We’ve also supported them for a number of years as missionaries in Poland. Kent and Jan will be sharing about where the Lord is leading them next. For those who would like to connect more with Kent and Jan, they will be heading to the Lindale Mall Food Court after the service for lunch.
Thanks for serving Christ and this church together!