This is my fifth Christmas with Cornerstone Church. Each year I’m reminded of the joy it is to serve you. I appreciate your support, prayers, and generosity. Thank you for being a part of this church family.
With half of a month left in 2014, I thought you’d want to know where we are financially and with regard to building construction. Let me summarize where we are under 2 headings: (1)what God has provided and (2) what we’re still waiting for Him to provide.
First, what God has provided:
1) We have paid all our bills and still have spent less than we have received by almost $1,000 with half a month to go.
2) We have received around $30,000 in our building fund throughout 2014.
3) We have nearly finished the phase of our building project that allows us to occupy and use the new sanctuary and one additional classroom. We were able to save money on many planned projects, and this allowed us to pay for some unexpected expenses as well.
4) Lord willing, we have the city’s permission to occupy and start using those spaces January 4.
Second, what we are waiting on God to provide:
1) Based, on last year’s projections for our general fund, we are hoping to end the fiscal year $10,000 to $12,000 in the black. Thus, we are currently ~$10k short.
2) We need approximately $10,000-15,000 in our building fund (currently sitting at ~$3,000) before we have the reserve desired to begin the next phase of roughing in the new bathroom and kitchen areas.
3) Then, we’ll need another estimated $30-40,000 above our normal tithes and offerings to come into the building fund in 2015 for us to be on target to finish the bathroom, kitchen, and the nursery by Spring 2016.
4) We’ll need 100s (if not 1000s) of volunteer labor hours in 2015 to stay on pace for finishing the project.
Would you and your family prayerfully consider if the LORD would have you be a part of how He provides? Maybe in some of these ways:
1) Would you commit to pray regularly for the financial needs and volunteer needs, as well as, wisdom for the building committee and elders? Pray that we seek God’s face. Pray that God would use this space for His purposes.
2) Would you consider an end-of-the-year financial gift to the general fund or building fund? By way of reminder, we determined at the November church meeting that any excess dollars in the general fund at the end of the year will be moved into the building fund to start the new year. You can send a check in the mail to our address 925 Blairs Ferry Road in Marion, IA 52302.
3) Would you consider volunteering to serve during work nights in 2015? Maybe you could commit to serve for a 3 month stretch or for a particular project. We’re especially looking for new faces to serve for this next season.
4) Would you consider volunteering in another area of our church that would release someone with a desire to work on the building?
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or any ideas on how you might contribute to the work of this church. My dream and hope is that over the next 12-18 months we can get this building to a place where we can take a season away from physical construction and focus on other important ministry opportunities.
God is building His church…the gates of hell cannot stand against Him.