Believer’s baptism is one of the two ordinances commanded by Christ. It is a time of special meaning for each person being baptized as well as for the whole church that shares this time of joy. We want to make each baptism service one of the most memorable spiritual experiences of your life. Baptism is a public declaration of a believer’s commitment to Christ. The symbolic meaning is explained in Romans 6:1-4 and is best portrayed in baptism by immersion. When a person goes under the water, he/she identifies with the death of Christ to come up out of the water is symbolic of the resurrection of Christ out of death. Baptism is an act of obedience (Matthew 28:18-20).
What does the doctrinal statement of the Evangelical Free Church of America say about baptism?
“… The Lord Jesus mandated two ordinances, baptism and the Lord’s Supper, which visibly and tangibly express the gospel. Though they are not the means of salvation, when celebrated by the church in genuine faith, these ordinances confirm and nourish the believer.” (Article VII)
Subscribe to Podcast
- November 28, 2021: Hebrews 2:5-18 “Jesus – Our Help In Hurt and Hooks”
- November 21, 2021: Hebrews 1:5-2:4 “Tethered to the Truth”
- November 14, 2021: Mark 5:1-20 “The Mission of God in a Secular Age”
- November 7, 2021: Hebrews 1:1-4 “Overwhelmed By His Greatness”
- Oct 31, 2021: Malachi 4:4-6 “A Parting Parental Word”
Connect on Social Media