Why Become a Member:
At Cornerstone, we make a distinction between “members,” “regular attendees,” and “guests.” The word “member” is a rich Christian word that goes back to the early Church. Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 12:12 “For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ” (ESV). As such, members are those who have covenanted to share in the life and ministry of the body of Christ here at Cornerstone Church. If you’re not a member, then you’re choosing to remain to some degree separated from our church family, and separated from the maturity, protection, accountability, and care that comes with being an active part of the church. This may not make much difference for visitors and non-Christians, but Christians who consume rather than commit to a local church do a disservice to Jesus’ body (the church) and themselves. Members, on the other hand, participate as the church: sacrificing time, talents, and treasure; committing to the care and community of their fellow members; and submitting to the authority God has established to lead our congregation (Hebrews 13:7).
What are the Responsibilities of a Member?
All Church Members should consider it a duty and a privilege to:
- Attend congregational services and meetings regularly.
- Use their spiritual gifts for the furtherance of God’s work through this congregation.
- Endeavor, with the help of the Holy Spirit, to grow in Christ-likeness in order to honor Him and reflect His character to the world.
- Pray regularly for the pastors and elders, the congregation, its ministries and missionaries.
- Give regularly of their tithes and offerings to support the work of the Lord through this congregation.
How do I become a Member?
To become a member of Cornerstone Church, we ask that you attend a Membership Class. These classes are offered on a need basis. When a few people have expressed interest in membership, we will host a Membership Class. This class is a great way to learn more about what Cornerstone Evangelical Free Church believes and also the history of our church. All born-again believers who feel God has led to them to be part of this church body are encouraged to attend this class. Contact an elder or Pastor Matt if you are interested in becoming a member of Cornerstone Church.
Subscribe to Podcast
- September 20, 2020: Mark 11:12-26 “A Parable of Judgment & Effective Prayer”
- September 13, 2020: Mark 11:1-11 “The King Enters His City”
- September 6, 2020: Exodus 40 “Out of Egypt, Onward with God”
- Recent C.R. Mask Mandate & Cornerstone (9/4/2020)
- August 30, 2020: Exodus 33:18 – 34:35 “Almost, But Not Quite”
Connect on Social Media